Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fairytales

I have always been a fan of Kanye West. I love all of his albums. 808s and heartbreaks was a little off track compared to what he had been doing before, but it was actually quite brilliant.

We all know Kanye is an asshole, but thats not what I like about him. His creativity in his music and fashion sense make me a fan. Recently he put a short film up on his blog site that was later removed, party because it was controversial and because of other reasons that were not disclosed. This film was directed by Spike Jonze who is an AMAZING director and works with a camera in a way that I admire alot. (And he's from the DMV.) He's directed things such as Jackass the Movie, Where the Wild Things Are, and countless music videos by artists such as the Beastie Boys, Sonic Youth, Notorious B.I.G., and Kanye West.

I think the combination of Jonze and West is pretty much brilliant. The film doesn't make too much sense at first and is something one has to actually think about to draw meaning from it. Its a great short, and Kanye also does a nice job of acting. I'll be waiting to hearthe reason Kanye pulled it from his blog site.



No comments: